DIY Natural Shampoo Bar
Updated: Jun 7
Easy to do with simple ingredients!
Join my journey of switching to natural and sustainable products. A great way to save money too.
Today I am making a Shampoo Bar with only 4 ingredients.
This is what you will need
1 lb Argan Melt & Pour Soap
2 tsp Castor Oil
1 tsp Shea Butter
25 Drops of Essential Oils
I chose a mixture of Tea Tree for a dry scalp and Lavender for Stress Relief
You can use any Melt & Pour you think your hair might need, for example Goats Milk or Hemp. And Essential Oils can also be changed to your preference.
Double Boiler or Microwave
1. Cut your Melt & Pour Soap Base and let it melt gently using a double boiler or microwave.
2. Remove from heat and add Shea butter, Castor oil, and your essential oil blend.
3. Spray with rubbing alcohol to prevent air bubbles.
4. Pour the mixture into a soap mold.
5. Let cool for a few hours, then gently remove your shampoo bars from the mold. It is ready
I placed them in glass mason jars to store the extra shampoo bars
Using glass with natural ingredients is key to them lasting for a long time. Store in a cool, dry location (when not in use) and out of sunlight.I used parchment to store them because I'm not sure how they hold up in the heat and it's summer.
Let me know if you've tried to make your own or used this recipe!
Next week I'll be making a conditioner bar.